Vertical sound control from ceilings and floors have been accomplished through the application of steel resilient sound channels and 1″ of sheetrock on ceilings between all living areas. In addition, all ceilings have a minimum 6″ fiberglass between first and second floor. Party wall sound control has been accomplished by staggered 2×6 plates and a sound attenuation blanket (3.5″ weave) to the party wall. Two layers of wallboard are then applied in opposite directions with the seams of the first layer sealed before insulation of the second layer.
*It must be noticed, however, that sound cannot be eliminated, merely reduced. A pre-construction sound control package may be purchased for up to $6,000.
*Options & Upgrades
*Prices for upgrades and changes are priced upon request. Typical options include:
- Upgraded living room millwork: 1×5 Pine with base shoe molding, 4″ crown molding on ceiling, 1×4 Pine with band molding around windows and doors.
- Ceilings are completed with a rough, skim coat, surface; there is an extra charge for smooth ceilings.
- Pre-wiring for stereo systems: priced on each plan.
- Hardwood Flooring in selected units, priced upon request.
- Marble for foyer and fireplace: prices started at $20.00 per square foot installed.
- Kitchen cabinet accessories: priced upon request.
- Master bath shower: custom glass shower surround with ceramic tile base and walls.
- Bathroom fixtures: priced upon request (brass faucets, figure upgrades, etc.)
Gas range: $350.00 for hook-up, plus cost of unit over electric stove allowance.
- All work change orders will be subject to pricing of cost plus 20% pre paid prior to work commencing.